Young Concert Artists seeks a tech-savvy, self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly productive individual to oversee and manage all media and internet activities for the organization. The position requires content creation, content editing, website maintenance, design work, social media strategy, and project management. This position will work collaboratively across the entire organization to fulfill the digital and media needs of YCA.
Since its founding in 1961, Young Concert Artists (YCA) has been deeply committed to helping define the future of classical music by discovering some of the most promising artists of each new generation, developing their unique potential, equipping them to forge new paths for the art form, and working with them to find their audience. Our 60-year history offers a great legacy of important artists fulfilling our mission in every corner of the classical music world. With a newly approved Strategic Plan, YCA is working to define a strong next chapter as an innovative organization mentoring and guiding the leading artists of tomorrow.
This position reports to the Director of Programs and Auditions but will work with the entire organization. The non-profit nature of YCA connects this position with a community that includes Board members, donors, a roster of around 25 artists, illustrious YCA alumni, venues in NYC and Washington, DC, and a staff of eleven.
– Develop and implement a strategy for YCA’s social media and YouTube accounts
– Maintain and update YCA’s website
– Catalogue and organize YCA’s photos, videos, and related media
– Coordinate photo shoots, video shoots, live-stream events, and any YCA media-based activity
– Edit video and photo content using the Adobe Creative Suite or comparable programs
– Design internet graphics and simple print media using InDesign or comparable program
– Manage media for YCA’s annual auditions
– Help produce the YCA Career Catalyst series
– Work with the YCA artists to cultivate their individual digital presence
– Film and create video promos, short concerts, informal interviews, and behind-the-scenes videos
– Undergraduate degree and at least three years of relevant experience
– Formal training and/or significant hands-on experience with media creation and management
– Skills in photo editing, video editing, and design work
– Experience with social media account management
– Fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite, Macs, PCs
– Website design a plus
– Ability to learn new technology, software, and equipment quickly
– Great communication skills, people skills, and ability to work well on a team
– Ability to coordinate media projects involving many people
– Love and respect for classical music is a must – strong background in classical music is preferred
YCA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to diversify its staff. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
YCA benefits include health, dental, and vision, generous holiday and paid time off, and an employer-funded retirement plan.
YCA’s offices are located at 57th and Broadway in NYC.
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com